Working at Te Toki Waka Hourua:
We are looking for experienced and promising individuals to fill these vacant roles:
Please find the job descriptions for each of the above roles below. Kindly email your resume to [email protected].
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a creative and talented individual to join Te Toki Waka Hourua as a Digital Journalist. The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating original content which is engaging, descriptive, predictive and prescriptive.
- Identifying key storylines, events, trends and sentiments in order to produce analysis on geopolitics, renewable energy, markets, technology and lifestyle developments around the Te Toki Waka Hourua.
- Required to develop content which is engaging and analytical.
- Liaise with the respective Embassies, High Commissions, Think Tanks, Research Institutes and Government Agencies that Te Toki Waka Hourua is working with in order to source strategic content to drive brand value.
- Collaborate with the in-house Visual Team for cross platform content production.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Applicants must possess at least a Degree in Journalism, Business, Finance, Economics or other relevant qualifications with a minimum of 7 years work experience.
- A writer with excellent language skills and exceptional writing technique.
- Familiar with House Styles and its development.
- Familiar with content offering and practices of International News Agencies.
- Familiar with International Reportage Standards.
- Must have a good number of local and regional contacts to leverage on in order to deliver content that is credible based on accurate sentiments on the ground.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in delivery of content.
- Creative, innovative and very organized.
- Good time management and always punctual.